Revised Janaury 7, 2021
FCA Fall Winter Season
The protocols outlined below have been updated and designed to create the safest environment practicable in the COVID-19 environment and are based on recommendations from USA Swimming, the CDC, Pennsylvania state guidelines, and Friends’ Central School Health and Safety Committee. The protocols may change, and the program may be delayed, modified, or suspended as deemed necessary by FCS given the ongoing development of the COVID-19 pandemic. All FCA swimmers and families must agree to and sign off on all protocols. Should FCA staff observe anyone consistently not adhering to these protocols, their participation in the program may be suspended.
FCA Standard Operating Procedures:
- Swimmers must be registered for the Winter season in order to participate.
- Swimmers must have viewed the FCA return to Swim video.
- All coaches will wear masks during practice at all times.
- All swimmers will wear masks entering and exiting the facility.
- All swimmers must complete the pre-screen form with COVID-19 information prior to each practice. Completion of the questionnaire attests that the swimmer has had no exposure to anyone with COVID-19 in the preceding 14 days. No swimmer will be allowed to practice without this information having been completed.
- 12-18 swimmers (depend on age group) per session: 2-3 per lane, starting/stopping at middle or opposite ends of pool.
- 18 swimmers for Senior and Junior groups.
- 12 swimmers for Novice group.
- Swimmers must arrive and depart in their swimsuit/sweats.
- Per Natatorium study, swimmers will be able to change or shower in locker rooms (see facility procedures below).
- Group and Lane assignments will be sent out prior to restart and updated as needed
- Parents may not enter pool area. Swimmers ONLY. (Parents of NOVICE swimmers may accompany their child(ren) to/from the pool/waiting area, but must wear masks and return to their car during practice.)
- Swimmers must bring their own water bottle FILLED.
- There will be a 15-25-minute window between practices to allow time to purge the HVAC system.
- If they arrive early, swimmers should wait in their cars until the appropriate time to enter the facility.
Social Distancing Requirements:
- After leaving their respective cars, swimmers will be masked as they enter campus and walk to and from the pool separately, 6-10 feet apart.
- Swimmers and coaches must maintain 6-10 feet distance at all times.
- NEW: Swimmers will remain masked, socially distant and line up in the hallway of Shimada outside of the pool entrance. The hallway will be marked for swimmers to properly space. Swimmers should not arrive more than five minutes early before a coach checks them in and then proceed to their assigned lane.
- The deck areas in front of their assigned lanes will be marked for swimmers to leave their personal belongings to ensure social distancing.
- Swimmers will change at their assigned lane spot and wait for practice instructions from their coach. Masks are to remain on until they are ready to enter the pool.
- After practice, swimmers will leave the pool deck via the sliding doors ensuring they do not walk past those in the next group who are waiting to enter.
- Following Natatorium study, the pool doors will be closed.
- Per Tom McDaniel, the pool air will be purged in between sessions in order to draw fresh air into Natatorium.
- Cars must park in main lot (DO NOT USE PICK UP/DROP OFF CICRLE).
- Swimmers will ENTER the facility using the main Shimada doors and line up in the hallway outside of the pool.
- Swimmers will EXIT Shimada from the sliding doors on the pool deck when returning to the Parking Lot.
- Only the single staff restrooms next to the locker rooms will be available.
- Following Natatorium study, the locker rooms will be used only for the morning FCS senior swimmers, who leave practice and attend on-campus learning. The guidelines will be set as follows:
- Only 6-9 swimmers for 5-7 minute duration (21-25 minute total time) will be allowed.
- Swimmers must wear masks and maintain 6-10 ft distance between themselves.
- Swimmers will enter by pool stairs and exit opposite side by fitness room.
- Locker rooms will be monitored by coach, but outside the space as per SafeSport rules.
- The security camera shows entry and exit from locker rooms.
- The facility will be cleaned daily following all practices using electrostatic equipment and Vital Oxide.
- Parents must be ready to pick up swimmers in parking lot as soon as practice finishes.
- Parents/spectators will not be allowed in the facility at any time and are expected to mask and practice social distancing while waiting for their swimmer(s).
Criteria that must be met by swimmer and anyone residing in their household in order to be eligible to attend practice:
- As of Thursday, January 7th, 2021, all swimmers and coaches must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test to resume practice activities.
- Both the rapid Antigen and regular PCR test results will be accepted.
- No swimmer or coach will be allowed to resume activities until they provide a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Cannot have had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Cannot have had a temperature over 100.4 degrees, a cough, or difficulty breathing in the last 14 days.
- Any swimmer or staff member experiencing any symptoms of a fever, recent cough, unusual fatigue, loss of smell or taste, headache, or who has had any exposure to someone who has any symptoms should remain at home and seek medical treatment.
- If any swimmer or staff member has a fever or symptoms of illnesses, they may not attend practice until 14 days after the fever or symptoms has ceased.
- Swimmers and staff must see a physician who is not a family member and be cleared for training after being diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19.
- For us all to stay healthy and be able to keep swimming, we ask our swimmers to please practice responsible masking and social distancing when they are away from the pool as well. Individual conduct of FCA participants during practices will be directly monitored by FCA/FCS personnel. Should we observe anyone consistently not adhering to social distancing guidelines, they or their family’s participation in FCA activities may be suspended.
Positive test procedure:
Should a swimmer or someone in the swimmer’s household test positive for COVID-19, the following measures must take place:
- The individual/family will immediately notify FCA/FCS, Michelle Crowley, who will notify the Montgomery County Department of Health and follow all instructions, including contact tracing.
- Michelle Crowley will inform Craig Sellers and Core, Penny Rosenblum, Miriam Schaefer and Tom McDaniel.
- Communication* will be sent to FCA Community. Other swimmers and their families will be made aware through email communication that a swimmer and/or a swimmer’s household member has tested positive, but the swimmer’s name and/or the name of their household member will not be disclosed. (*This communication will be based on Montgomery County Health Department recommendation.)
- Additionally, the age group practice may be cancelled and all participants may need to monitor for symptoms and quarantine for 7 days with a negative test result or 10-14 days as advised by CDC.
- If the restroom facilities have been used, then they will be shut down for no less than 24 hours to deep clean.